Monday, May 24, 2010

Farmtastic

I'm sorry I've been neglecting my blog lately. I've sort of become a little overwhelmed with all the fantastic blogs out there which has made me somewhat insecure about my blog, if that makes sense. And also I've been really busy lately. I just started working on a local organic farm and its been wiping me out all the time. It's a lot of physical work and the heat, oh god the heat! But I really enjoy doing it. Today I helped pick poll beans and eggplant. I got to see the new baby ducks that have just started wandering around the farm and soon we'll be picking cherry tomatoes. I can't wait cause when we do it we can eat them as we work! The best part of the job is all the free food I get to take with me. Summer squash, eggplant, arugula, basil, cucumbers...

Here are some other things that are happening:
-Looking into getting a DSLR, finally
-My own garden is doing so well! Planted leeks, fennel, more arugula, parsley, oregano, Thai basil and others
-Getting a little antsy about some new artwork I want to start, which is a good feeling
-Learning so much from the farm it's awesome, like pattypan?
-Going to try to make my own ginger ale and mozzarella cheese soon, I'll let you know how it goes


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails